Di and I have selected our top three travel locations during our second year of travel. Ladies to go first, of course.
Travelling for me is not only what I get to see, but the people we meet and who we share those experiences with. In saying that my top 5 places that hold a special place my heart are:
- Austria as a whole. To be able to travel this beautiful country with my children, and experience the amazing countryside in the snow was my number one.
2. The Turtle Sanctuary and the Jungle River Cruise in Sabah, Borneo. It wasn’t just seeing turtles nesting and wild orangutans, it was also meeting Dom, John and his sister Jane who we were able to share the experience of the Jungle Cruise, and then meet up in various other places/countries as a result of our new friendship.
- El Nido on Palawan Island in the Philippines. I was really looking forward to seeing this special place as a result of the amazing photos I had seen online. The reason I selected this place is that I was able to share the experience with amazing friends from home, Michelle and Lynda with their partners.
- Japan!! The people are what make this country so beautiful, and of course the amazing sights. We were able to share part of our experience with another friend from Australia, Steph; and meet up with long-term travellers Jo and Des, in Tokyo.
- Taiwan – the whole country is spectacular and an unexpected surprise.
So Di has gone first and her three top picks, for our second year of travel, has turned out to be …..five. But no one ever said maths were one of her strong points. Okay, so my top three moments, from our second year of travel, are:
- The Trans Mongolian Railway from Beijing to Moscow. With an extended stay in Mongolia. A lifelong dream finally satisfied.
- Bosnia and Herzegovina, just so much to see and do, easy to get around and all value for money.
- Turkey, in particular Cappadocia and the amazing ballooning experience. The pilgrimage to Gallipoli being absolute highlights.
Year three on the road here we come…………. I hope you have enjoyed the journey so far and stick with us to the end.
Cheers from Di and Dave
The Meandering Wanderers.